Thursday 15 September 2011

Saya budak baru belajar


I never got tired of buku-buku macam ni. Below are excerpts of the book that I googled. Somehow macam nak ajak lagi ramai orang menceburkan diri dalam bidang perniagaan. 

My father selalu cakap "sesiapa pun boleh buka kedai & berniaga tapi daya ketahanan tu bukan semua orang ada". Dia selalu suruh saya ikut contoh orang Cina berniaga. Banyaklah taklimat yang saya kena dengar masa saya mula-mula bersuara nak buka kedai ni. Semuanya memang perlu dan berguna untuk saya. 

Betul ke banyak orang give up selepas perniagaannya tidak seperti yang di jangkakan/ inginkan/bayangkan? 

Konsep perniagaan ni lebih kurang sama, yang berbeza cuma produknya saja. Macam belajar kat universiti lah. Case study je bertukar-tukar. Tapi konsep tu kena faham, baru boleh jawab soalan. 
Nak bukak restoran ke, nak bukak kedai hardware ke, jual dvd haram/halal ke, konsultan & jual produk breastfeeding ke, jual sayur kat pasar ke, yang penting, seseorang entrepreneur/usahawan/peniaga kena ada ilmu dalam perniagaan dan belajar daripada pengalaman orang lain. 

Well, easier said than done kan? Saya pun masih dalam peringkat probation :) 





The book starts with the key skills that an entrepreneur needs. I'll confess that I ignored this initially because it seemed to be a filler (and common sense). I just wanted to get to the meat. But when I went back to it later I discovered some real gems in there. I also discovered that I have a couple of gaps in these skills and I know that it affects my ability to run the business properly. 

These skills are: 

1. Pig headed determination 
2. Taking total responsibility 
3. Provide tons of value 
4. Realism 
5. Financial discipline 
6. The ability to make tough decisions 
7. Crystal clarity.









2 comments:

  1. Salaam Hazleen,

    I have just come across your blog thru twitter. Congratulations on the opening of your restaurant in TTDI. It looks really lovely :)) I'll surely drop by very soon.

    And I happen to have a proposal too. The food kind of course :P...If you wld be so kind as to hop over to my blog http://www.cherryonacake.blogspot.com/ you will see my latest post on BROWNIES. They are exceptionally good, fudgy and moist. They're just good. I thought that they wld make a wonderful addition to your already (Im sure) delicious selection of desserts at your restaurant.

    The details are in the post. The young man is Nick. He lives in TTDI. I'm sure he wld be as pleased as punch if you wld consider :)))

    Salaam
    zurin

    ReplyDelete