Thursday 12 January 2012

Life is not a box full of chocolates


My dear friend Syareza just gave birth to her second son and is now enjoying her confinement holidays at home, fully breastfeeding her baby. I thought I'd share my thoughts as well.

Life in fact is a routine. Yang bezanya ialah laluan hidup masing-masing. Fasa hidup kita sebagai isteri, ibu, menantu, biras memang tak boleh lari dari rutin. There will be things yang akan sentiasa kita buat dan ulang-ulang sebab itulah jalan hidup kita. Even in the office pun, our jobs pun ada routine tersendiri. The only difference is that we get to met different people all the time, lunches at different fine dining restaurants and offsite meeting at different resorts.

To me, daily routine sebagai housewife adalah terlalu petty untuk dirisaukan. Mungkin kita ingat, kalau ada maid, hidup akan lebih mudah, iye, betul. For now memang takde, tapi takde lah sesusah mana. Mungkin sampai masa nanti akan amik, tapi now still manageable. Even masa kerja dulu pun, it is still ok that some house chores buat ikut priority. Now dah jadi housewife, nothing has changed. Except, flexible working hours.

There are days yang rileks and rasa nak bermalas-malas, spend most of the time reading or studying. Ada jugak tiba-tiba kena rush ke sana sini and perlukan full commitment to make sure things run smoothly. There are days kena bangun awal sebab nak jumpa orang itu, orang ini. There are days boleh pegi tengok wayang and window shopping. There are days kena buat admin work, sorting bills and do some banking. There are days where all of a sudden start kereta, pegi KLCC for a quick lunch and cari buku kat Kinokuniya. So it's all terpulang pada diri sendiri untuk atur masa. 24 jam tu sangat singkat. Sometimes rasa macam kena squeeze everything at one go.

I just want to share with you this clip from Sex & The City. I bet ramai mommies out there yang feel the same. But, hey. Just be grateful.



Also my favorite quote from the movie Titanic


"I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count. " 

Jack Dawson, Titanic 1997. 

2 comments:

  1. hidup ni memang misteri kan... the best decision does not mean it is for the best.. we just dont know...
    life memang macam kari.. you can cook it right, tapi tak semestinye hasilnye sedap macam yg kite nak - it could be better or worse... somebody will like it somebody else may not...
    oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apa-apapun banyakkan syukur & sabar. Lagi banyak sabar, lagi banyak ujian. Lagi banyak syukur, lagi kuat iman. InsyaAllah~

    ReplyDelete